Translate

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

More Post-Processing Fun...


For another example of how you can turn perfectly normal photos into a sci-fi fantasy I thought I'd use a photo I took the other day of the Arkansas State Capitol Building. The angle at which I took the photo rendered it pretty well useless for any conventional purpose but it worked out well for doing some of the fun stuff. 


Here is the original file with strong backlighting behind the clouds provided by the sun. 


In post-processing I tried to create something useable but it's still pretty tricky. To bring out the detail in the clouds I had to darken the whole photo but then had to dial down the contrast more than I like to keep the building detail from getting lost. This photo will likely never get anywhere near my Flickr page. 






 However, for the purpose of creating a fantasy image, it worked out pretty well for either Black&White or Color, especially considering some of the controversy and internal division currently plaguing government in general. I think the Color image works much better to convey that impression although the Black&White image has something of a turbulent feel to it. I made a slight tweak to the angle of view of the photo as well to give the building a somewhat more aggressive stance. While this is far from a perfect effort I am pleased with the results overall. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment