Translate

Friday, September 26, 2014

In the Great American Car Show Tradition...

During a recent series of outings to the local baseball field, Dickey-Stephens Park in North Little Rock (AKA-Home of the Arkansas Travelers), there were bonuses to be had outside of the action we know and love when the Travs take to the field. One such bonus attraction was a recent car show. 

Wait, did I say Car Show?

Allow me to correct myself. One such bonus attraction was the

2014 MSA GRAND-SLAM AUTO-RAMA 

There, now you won't have to confuse this with some run-of-the-mill "push it, pull it, or drag it, but get it here and we'll give you a trophy" car show. 
(Oh yeah, I'm gonna get in trouble for that one)

What follows is just a sampling of the more than 50 examples of automotive eye candy that were there on this particularly spectacular late summer day. 


No self-respecting car show held anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line would dare omit the General Lee from the center stage position. And a fine specimen this one is, no doubt.

(One note-I have it on good authority that, not only would no self-respecting car show 
held anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line dare to omit the General Lee from the center stage position - 
but that there are no self-respecting car shows actually held NORTH of the Mason-Dixon Line)

(Hmmm, I'll probably go the Hell for that one)

Okay...Moving Along Now....


It may go without saying but I'm gonna say it anyway...
the 1966 Lincoln Continental was the epitome of the 
Great American Land Barge
and
I should note that it also takes home the prize for 
COOLEST. LINCOLN. EVER.


And here we have a stunning example of that mythical time in America when, for one brief shining moment,
even Mercurys were cool.


I confess that I fell in love with this 1941 Chevy Cabover and could imagine how cool it would look with my motorcycle on the back of it for those very rare times when I would even consider hauling my motorcycle rather than riding it. 

Believe it or not, I was actually only seconds away from making this my very own. Mere seconds. 

Then, however, the owner showed up. Further proof that timing is everything and it matters not if we're talking Baseball or Grand Theft Auto.


I can think of only one thing better than being the proud owner of a 1966 Pontiac GTO. 


Being the proud owner of a matching baby Pontiac GTO.


Everybody was there that day. Even the Fire Chief. 


Even the Fire Chief's dog 
(seen leaving a message for the Fire Chief)


It was a packed house. Well, a packed parking lot from this view, the packed house was inside lining up for hot dogs, beer, and baseball. 


There was enough chrome in evidence to plate the diamond from First Base to Home Plate. And this is just one engine. 


I'm not sure but I think this is the newest offering from the friendly folks at Chrysler.

The 2014 Jeep BADASS WHOSYOURDADDY. 




Wow, all this and the Great American Pastime as well. 
This is full-service baseball at its finest. 

I wonder what they'll come up with next? 
Midget wrestling? 

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment